- Sarva Vidyalaya Kelavani Mandal has been established in the year 1919, by a Philanthropist Pujya Chhaganbha. The basic principle preached by him “કર ભલા હોગા ભલા” has been the driving force for the growth of the educational activities managed by the trust. Having started with just 6 students then, today the trust manages and runs various schools and colleges both at Kadi and Gandhinagar with more than 50000 students being educated. Of these 50000 students, around 8000 students, both boys and girls, stay in the hostels being managed by the trust.
- The trust is being nourished by the society on the whole and managed by its alumni/alumnae who occupy respectable positions in the society. The overseas Indian Community showers in donations to benefit the students for providing them better facilities for study as well as stay.
- The trust has always been at the forefront for the provision of value-based education to all the students in schools and colleges irrespective of caste, creed, religion, etc. Keeping in with the main motto “Kar Bhala Hoga Bhala” the admissions to the various courses are strictly conducted on the basis of merit.
The trust also has taken up activities like adopting Anganwadis and Government Schools at Gandhinagar and is very much committed to taking these initiatives forward with rigor for the betterment of the children in these places.
- A son of Farmer, Shri Maneklal Patel born in February 1950 at “Untava”, a very small village in Kadi Taluka, Mehsana district of North Gujarat, grew up in a culture that instilled in him the values of generosity, benevolence and social service. Right from his boyhood days, he was confronted with many odds and obstacles, but he transformed challenges into opportunities by sheer strength of character and courage.
- In school days this scholarly student was felicitated by a renowned national poet Shri Zaverchand Meghani. He completed a Bachelor of Arts with a specialization in Economics, he also acquired a Bachelor of Law and passed the examination of Bar Council and got the license to be a lawyer. Being an expert in Economics and Law he wanted to prove himself as a very good administrator and he opted to serve as Chief Officer of Kadi Municipality in 1958. Endowed with the excellent organizational capability and a rich insight into human psychology with zeal and courage he served the town for around 15 years and took many corrective actions for the development of Kadi as a town.
- He has been awarded “Patidar Shreshth Shiromani” by Shri Sachchidanand for outstanding contribution to the society. His efforts for the upliftment of the semi-urban area of Kadi were recognized by the “Aanarth Award” he was felicitated by Swami Satyamitranandgiriji and Pujya Krushnashankar Shastri”. Our Honorable revenue minister Shri Anandiben Patel felicitated him with award for his contribution to society, education, business & industry. Shri Umiya Mataji Sansthan has recognized his efforts with an award like“Karma Chudamani – Shri Maneklal”- a book published by Shri Mohanlal Patel Sahitya Vartul. He was truly a man with ethics of equivalence of all, as he was awarded by Late President Shri Gyani Zailsingji. He proved himself as bright student, a caring family member, a successful businessman, true educator throughout his life. He will always be remembered as the source of inspiration for philanthropic principles across the state of Gujarat.
With the objective of providing education to one and all the trust has been managing various schools right from Pre Primary Level to Primary to Secondary to Higher Secondary level both in Gujarati Medium and English Medium. In addition to the schools, the trust also manages a University i.e., Kadi Sarva Vishwavidyalaya and also other colleges.
Optimism, tradition, inclusiveness, service, compassion, tolerance, hope, and faithfulness are the underpinnings of Sarva Vidyalaya Kelvani Mandal for decades now.
Shree Vallabhbhai M. Patel
Chairman – SVKM
President – KSV